What Pictures Are You Taking?

Look mom! I can remember a trip I took to see my mom one time. She was pretty sick and in the hospital once again where she spent most of her last few years of her life. While I was there, a good friend of mine called me to tell me he wanted to give me a hotel room so I could rest if needed. I can remember telling my mom how nice it was of this brother in Christ to do this for me. She was so intrigued about this room. She said "son, take pictures of every part of the room." kind of funny cause it was just a regular hotel room but she was intrigued. As she looked at these pictures, she was white eyed and smiling. "oh that is so nice. Wow, look at that tub..." etc, etc. She was like a little kid. Kind of funny how the smallest memories can pop up about stuff but as  sat in my hotel room last night, I recalled this fun memory. Three months after I showed my phone pics to my mom sitting there in the hospital, she went home to be with the Lord. I can still remember her peaceful face as she took her last breath. I can't help but think, what was her reaction when she entered heaven as a beloved daughter of the King. If she thought the bathroom of my hotel was nice, what was she saying when she entered the gates of beauty. Or when she saw the Father up close, how many "wow's" did she let out? I am reminded today to take a lesson from my mom. I need to be white eyed and smiling as I approach this day. I can hear the Father saying, "Rodney, takes lots of pictures" and then being excited with me for what part of His plan He allows me to take part in today. I must be appreciative of what God shows me & allows me to be apart of today. "Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens." Lam 3:41 This morning, thinking of mom, I hope she is taking lots of pictures too. What a day that will be to share in those great pics one day in a sweet reunion. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent