I Am Afraid of This Roller Coaster!

"I am so afraid!" Ever been in that situation where it just seems like you can take another surprise?  Years ago my family and I went to Sea World and when we walked into the park, the largest roller coaster you can imagine was standing before us, almost taunting us. I don't remember what it was called but I am sure it was called "Death Monster" or something. :) Anyway, my daughter was pretty young at the time and when she saw this (I mean even from the parking lot walking in) she was convinced that she needed to ride this ride.  Finally at the end of the day; when she persistently stayed the course with her request to get on this ride, we got on it.  She was excited, and ready to go. Then the ride began it's climb on the most steep incline I have ever seen. I looked at my daughter and saw the color in her face begin to change. She had this look of terror and retreat & and regret written all over her face.  Finally when we got to the top, there was a pause as we crept over the hump and then a swift jerk as the cart fell at a rapid pace into a rapid decent down the hill that we had just gruelingly climbed. My daughter didn't even scream, she gritted her teeth and held on for dear life. (I think I did scream) She never took her eyes off of me. She didn't have to say a word, I knew what she was thinking. I reached over to my daughter and said, "don't be scared, daddy's here sweetie, I got you". What an experience to go thru together.  As I think about how crazy our lives are, sometimes situations happen that leave me feeling very scared and threatened about what might be over the horizon. I am so grateful that Jesus is in the cart with me though. He is my loving Father saying to me, "don't be scared, it's ok son, daddy's got you" Maybe you are in a roller coaster right now. Whatever you are going thru right now please know that the Father is with you in this tough and scary time. Just look over into His eyes and don't look away. “Before they call I will answer, while they are yet speaking I will hear."Isaiah 65.24 He will ride this coaster with us; up & down thru this crazy life we live in, all the while holding on tight to you. The ride together will be so bonding and it is so much better when we put our trust in Him. Enjoy your ride with the Father today friend. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent