Your Given, New Name

Where were you when God whispered to you? I was thinking about Jacob this morning and how he wrestled so much with God. Jacob was one messed up guy. In fact he was a liar, deceiver, a thief that was wandering thru life with that identity. Imagine how beautiful it was the day Jacob finally quit wrestling with God and accepted Him as his leader. And then, in the quiet, alone time with the loving Father, God reaches down and with great tenderness, strength & love, the Father whispers, "Jacob. Jacob, you're no longer going to be identified as Jacob. I have given you a new name." You can just sense a warm smile from the Father a He continued in sharing this news. Your new name will now be Israel." Wow! What a scene. Well, that probably only happens in the scriptures I guess huh? Actually no. My name used to be shame, guilt, liar, thief, pride, selfish, failure, afraid, fearful, runner, perfectionist, and more. Yeah, I too wrestled with the King, but I am happy to say He won. He reached down and whispered to me too. He said, "Rodney, Rodney, you are no longer identified as those things you have believed for too long. Your new name is forgiven & loved child of the King." What is your name today? Or are you still identifying your self by your hurt, addictions, junk, or struggles? Maybe it's time to quit wrestling with Him and rest in His arms so He can speak to you. His Son died so that you and I would be given a new name in Him. Someone once said, “The best & most beautiful things in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart." When we quit wrestling Him and rest in His mighty arms, it is then that we can feel and hear in our heart His sweet, loving, yet very powerful voice say, I love you & and here is your new name, your new identity. What a beautiful thing to witness. "The  Lord  is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."Psalms 18:2 If He can give me a new name, he can most certainly give you one. I am a grateful believer who still struggles with life.  Have a wonderful Saturday! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent