What Did She Say?!

Last night my wife and daughter went to the store. While in there they overheard a Hispanic mom talking to her child. Taylor has been taking Spanish in school so she knew what she said.  She turned to my wife and said, "hey, I know what that means." Pretty neat that she is learning a new language. Then right after that she passed a couple ladies in the next aisle. They were obviously angry with someone cause they were making it known to everyone thru their conversation. It was one of those vocabulary's that was full of colorful profanity. By the time they passed my wife and daughter, they said, "he is such a *******!"  My daughter, with a straight face turns to my wife and says, "And.....I know what that means too." lol.  I am learning that in life, we will "hear" what others have to say, (sometimes pretty colorful) but that I need "listen" to God. Sometimes you and I will be faced with situations that will force us to make a choice. I am learning that if I stay connected to God and listen to His Word, those choices will become much clearer. Someone once said, “Character is both developed and revealed by test, and all of life is a test." Today is a new test for all of us. With each test, or temptation to respond the wrong way, what choice will you make? Let's make a choice that brings true life and a building of our character. And remember, someone is always watching, listening and seeing what you and I do. Many will mimic what you and I do. Is it something we would like to see duplicated? Food for thought. “Whatever is true, whatever is noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy - think of such things." Phil 4:8 Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent