Holiday Stress: Growing Fruit

Often during this time of year we can see some increased levels of stress. I know in my life if I don't deal with this stress in a healthy way, it can lead to unhealthy choices, poor reactions, and even isolation from those things that keep me on track. Our language can become, "I hate the holidays! I am just ready for this to be over!" But, what if we changed our attitude and thinking on this? What if we said, "Lord, these Holidays are tough & stressful but I want to use this hurt for Your glory." I was challenging some friends recently with using the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5 as an action plan.  Could it be our plan these next few weeks to look at growing & strengthening our love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control as we face the challenges before us? What if we looked at these tough holidays as an opportunity to grow in the Lord. As you know though, we can't do this alone. Make sure we are keeping connected with accountability partners,  making our meetings, saturating our self with positive relationships, spending quality time with God, & maintaining our established boundaries with family members. Our Father is calling to us in our stress and pain: “Come to me, all you who are weary & burdened, & I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 Which fruit of the spirit can I grow in this week? Let's change our language to "these holidays are tough, but the Lord is teaching me so much! I am growing thru this storm. Praise God!" Have a great Sunday! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent