What Did The Newcomer Say?

I recently asked my leaders to be on the look out for our guest of honor coming (first time visitor) tonight to CR. I asked them the next night, "What did they say?" Here is what one of my leaders sent back with their permission for me to share: "April 2006...I was that newcomer and all those statements ring true for me!  I cried the entire service and thought I was the most 'insano' person there.  I was realizing I didn't have the power to pull myself up by my bootstraps out of depression and rampant OCD.  I was filled with fear.  The thought of entrusting myself to someone else was terrifying to me cause I was so afraid the emotional abandonment I'd felt from my parents would come back upon me.  I'd tried to convince myself I didn't need anyone else...I was self-sufficient.   Now my exhausting perfectionism and drivenness had caught up with me when I realized nothing I was so feverishly doing was actually changing my family and my circumstances. I signed up for a step study that night and that was the start of something awesome and beautiful for me.  Painful yes, but I was already in so much pain.  Jesus became real to me and the CR stepstudy showed me unconditional acceptance and grace. I will always call this CR family here the first 'safe' family I ever had." Wow! I hope you will consider coming tonight to Fellowship at 6:00pm and starting this journey yourself. Change is possible! Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Is 41:10 Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent