What Did You Get?

"What did you get?" Those are the words we generally hear from one another the day after Christmas. Then we have a blast sharing the surprises and wonderful gifts we were given.  As a kid, I used to get so excited and could hardly wait to get with my friends and tell then what I got. Today, I was just thinking about what an incredible gift I have already been given. I have rich relationships, family, and most of all I am loved by the King. Sitting here this morning I am thankful that the Lord not only likes me but He truly loves me. How? I'm not sure because I am one crazy fella.  Reminds me of a quote from 'A Bug's Life', "You're weird, but I like you."  lol. I am glad the Lord looks past my flaws and loves me for who I am. It has been said that kindness is loving people more than they deserve. That's exactly where you and I sit today. If we replace the word 'kindness' with 'grace', we have much to be thankful for today don't we? Grace is giving us a gift that we don't deserve. It is the Father saying, "no matter what you have done, I will wipe it away." No matter what stuff we have, we always have the gift of life, mercy and grace from the Father. No one can take that away from us. Let these words sink in today  "I am God's child!" “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children." Romans 8:16 Nice gift huh?! Who will you go share your gift with today? Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent