Do You See The Stains?

I can remember when I was younger I worked for my music teacher, Mr Taylor, around his rental properties. He would often give me jobs with yard work, painting, cleaning etc. One of the things I despise is painting. Especially when painting over a wall that is similar in color but different enough that you can see the difference in coloring.  Sometimes Mr, Taylor would come thru to check my work and notice that it hadn't been completed quite the way it should be. I seemed to always look for short cuts.  He would graciously ask, "do you see those spots and steaks there Rodney?" After a while of acting like they weren't there, I would eventually give in and finish the job. My life can be like this in some ways. For a long time I knew the stains were there, but just couldn't bring myself to acknowledge them. The Lord, in His gracious way would say, "Rodney, do you see those stains in your life?" When I finally did admit they were there, I could just see my Father smiling and saying, "ok, now let's get to work in healing you and ultimately using those stains from your past." “Come now, let us reason together,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet,  they shall be as white as snow;  though they are red as crimson,  they shall be like wool."Is1:18 Don't listen to the enemy that feeds us with lies littered with denial and justification for continuing to live with our unresolved junk.  “You are advised to remember: the devil is a liar." C. S. Lewis  God can and will bring healing to your stains. No more short cuts. Just give them to Him. The blessing is that He won't allow them to be wasted. Together we "get to" use them for His glory.  It will take some work, but oh is it worth it! Have a great day friend. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent