Can You Help Me Fix This?

"So what wrong with the car?" said the tow truck driver when he picked me up on the side of the road.  Me, "Well, it seems to be a malfunction of the radiator hose connecting and firing from the exhaust fumes causing the belts to fall of their spools and therefore creating overheating in the engine particles, causing an overflow of the radiator.....us yeah, I have no clue."  Turns out it was the water pump and my father and brother in law knew exactly how to fix that. Grateful to them for doing that. When it comes to cars, I have no clue at all.  God has shown me in my life that it is ok not to have the answers to everything.  Someone once said, “To know what you know and to know what you don't know, that is real wisdom."  God has and is growing me to be ok with reaching out to others that 'do' have the wisdom in areas of my life.  This is one of those disciplines that can be so hard sometimes can't it? If I call my brother in Christ and tell him I need help then what I am really saying is, "I don't have it all together and I am weak"  I am grateful that I know how to reach out when I am hurting or need help. Pride used to get in the way. Reaching out can keep me from a world of additional messiness. Imagine if I tried to fix my car in my own. Yikes! It would have only created more problems. I am grateful this morning to admit I am a life long learner, that yes, I am weak, don't have it all together and yes, I need not only Christ in my life, but also the wonderful blessings of wise brothers and sisters He has placed in my path.  God sends godly men and women into our life to be his hands and feet. I am learning to receive this as a blessing. “You are my God. My future is in your hands" Ps 31:14-15  Have a great day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent