Overcoming Loneliness

Have you ever been in a room full of people at a gathering and still felt overwhelmed with loneliness? Sounds like an oxymoron, but it does happen. I know there were times in my life I was struggling with depression and loneliness, and to be in a room full of people seemed like the loneliest place in the world. "I have become a stranger to my brothers..."Ps 69:8 Isn't it interesting how clever the enemy can be in taking advantage of our unresolved past hurt that ultimately lead us to pulling away from the community we were designed to be around. God did not intend for us to be alone. I have learned thru my own process and life recovery journey that when I am feeling lonely, I must never forget that the Father is always there with me. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."Isaiah 41:10 If you are struggling with loneliness, never forget that promise in His Word. Recognizing this loneliness can be such a healthy first step toward healing. Then as His child, I must reject the enemies call to stay in isolation. Why? Because when I stay in my muck, all by myself, then that loneliness turns into fear and only gets worse. God is teaching me that it is when I feel lonely that I need to seek Him first, then get myself in community and courageously reach out to others with honesty & transparency of where I am am emotionally. Just because someone may have hurt me in a past relationship, doesn't mean I should not seek new accountability brothers and sisters today and in the future. It takes time, but I must keep seeking some trustworthy people in my life and over time, with lots of prayer & saturation in His Word, with healthy interaction & accountability with our brothers and sisters, we will change. Remember, "He will never leave nor forsake you." Heb 13:5 If you are lonely and finding yourself hiding from the world, take those steps to get out of your cave. God has big plans for you and we will never know what they are if we don't take that step toward Him to find out. Have a blessed Sunday! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent