Laundry Day

I was watching, "Santa Claus is Coming To Town." last night, yeah, I know, I am a sucker for those old childhood classics. One of the scenes in the show has a young Kris Kringle talking with some young kids at a washing station where they were cleaning socks. As Kris approached him he asked them what they were doing. Their response, "we are washing socks....we are judged based on how much work we get done and how clean our socks are." hmm So often in my life I believed that this is how life was. As long as I worked hard at being good, acted right and did good things in a "perfect" way then I was ok and was on the right track. Today I know that that is the wrong thinking. This is what got the Pharisees in trouble.  Have you ever been those kids at the well? Trying so hard to fit in while attempting to scrub our stains and junk from the past away on our own? I sure have and it was exhausting. Today I am grateful that I now understand that I am imperfect and incapable of doing it on my own. It is about surrendering to the Father letting Him cleanse my heart and mind daily and then allowing the overflow of what He is doing in me serve others for His good. The difference now is that I know I will make mistakes but that is why I need Christ in my life. No matter how hard I try, I am incapable of cleansing myself. Each and every day I have to take my 'dirty laundry' to the Father and let Him do the cleaning.  I am grateful that He not only washes me clean with the blood of the Lamb, but He then uses the dirt from my past to help others take their laundry to the Master Dry Cleaner. “He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, & by his wounds we are healed." Isa 53:5 Today, is laundry day, but in a good way. :)  Let's take our dirty socks to the Father so we can live out the purpose He has for both of us. Have a wonderful day! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent