The Body Is Weak


The body is weak...
Isn't that the truth?! Too often in life we begin feeling like "I have never been in a better spot than I am right now. If anyone can handle temptation, it is me." We can begin developing that old god complex that says, "I got this" and start doing things that we know good and well can and will most likely lead to other unhealthy things.
There is an old ancient proverb that reads,
“If you rattle a snake, you should be prepared to be bitten by it."

It is easy to say, "God why did you let me fall into this temptation?" But if I don't seek Him before I jump into the thorn bush, it is my choice that got me there. 

I, unfortunately, have plenty of thorn bush scars from poor choices throughout the years. The key I am learning is how do we become more proactive in life instead of reactive to every thorn bush that comes along?

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Mark 14:38

Watch- be on guard & alert, and pray- seek Me. 
I think God in a way is saying, help Me help you. By seeking Him daily, doing an inventory, it not only heals my old scars, keeps my heart from relapse but also gives me an attitude of gratitude for what I 'have' instead of wanting what I do not have.

But I must not get complacent. It is a new day with new challenges, & more thorn bushes will be in my path.
Let's seek Him today.

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent