My Thinking Is Not Correct

Yesterday for Valentine's Day I bought my daughter a large bag of M&M's and a Dr Pepper, wrote her a note letting her know how special she is to me & placed it in her room. What I didn't realize was that I left my 'car keys' on my "15 year old newly driving daughter's" desk when I went in to take her candy to her room. She came back in the living room with a funny look on her face. One hand holding her pink bag of candy and Dr Pepper. The other hand...yep...my car keys. Then she said, "For a minute I got excited cause I thought got a car." What she was thinking was not correct...Lol In recovery it is easy to 'think' and 'believe' the wrong things isn't it? The only way the enemy can control me is when I choose to believe his lies. Sometimes the enemy will feed us with lies that say, "you are who you've always been and you will never change." We can mistakenly become convinced that this is as good as it is going to get. But in truth & recovery we learn that God has the power to change our mind and bring great victory for us. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!" 2 Cor 5:17 We are no longer who we once were. He is changing us! Surrendering to Him changes our thinking & brings sweet victory with new life! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent