Still Playing a Victim?

It is so easy to play the role of a victim isn't it? That's exactly what the enemy would like us to do. The victim is the one who gets shot in the leg by a sniper and just sits there talking about how bad the situation is for themselves. Instead of taking care of the wound, as victims we focus all our attention on the sniper. "I can't believe he shot me! How dare he hurt me like he did." Meanwhile our wound gets more and more infected and begins affecting the rest of our body. In recovery we learn we can't do anything about the sniper and must start focusing on what we can control. We learn to move from being a 'victim' to living as a 'victor'. God teaches us how to prevent the wound done to us from completely overcoming us. He teaches us how to stop letting the 'snipers' in our life to continue hurting us. It's amazing how God changes our perspective when we start taking action in allowing Him to heal the wounds in our life. When we take the focus off the one who hurt us and start focusing on the One who can heal us, we learn to start living the promises of recovery. God begins to heal and strengthen us. "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 How is Jesus strengthening and helping you deal with the wounds in your life? It's not too late to start the healing process. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent