Groundhog Day Revisted

Happy belated Groundhog Day! Can you imagine living the same day over and over again? Most of us can relate to that very thing can't we? I know I can. Imagine yourself getting ready to walk around the corner. Each time you walked around the corner you were faced with a guy holding a baseball bat. This guy is waiting to take a swing at you and makes contact every time. I was the guy who kept walking around the corner. It didn't matter how many times I got hit, I believed the lie that somehow 'this time' he would miss me. And yet, it kept happening over and over again. Talk about insanity! In my recovery, I realized the path I was taking was not working and it was time for change. My pain had to become greater than my fear for change. I finally got tired of the bloody noses & emotional bruises inflicted on myself from my poor choices. I had to come to grips with the truth that no matter how hard "I" tried, change wasn't going to happen until I changed my course & allowed Christ to fight for me. We don't have to relive this day over and over again. Pain may be inevitable our my life, but staying in our misery is our choice. “I sought the Lord, & He answered me, & delivered me from all my fears. Look to Him & be radiant." Psalm 34:4-5 Please share with me how Christ showed you a better path in your life. Home Run the movie coming April 19th to a theater near you! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent