Jesus Has Our Back

A couple days ago I threw my back out. I was amazed at how quickly I became immobile. My back is a pretty key part of my body. Funny thing is that when my back is healthy I don't think about it. I find myself taking it for granted. When I hurt my back, it made me value it that much more. I may have taken it for granted before, but now a few days later I find my back feeling better and guess what? I have a new respect & appreciation for my back. I find myself doing this same thing with the Father too. Sometimes I can become complacent in my walk with the Father. Sometimes when all is going well I can forget He is there and take Him for granted. When I go through tough and painful times, it makes me recognize and realize even more how much I need the Father. I don't like going through tough times but I do know this; when I do go through the tough times, I have a heightened awareness & appreciation for my walk with the Father. With each trial that comes, He strengthens me as a man but also in my relationship with Him. "The eyes of The Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." 2 Chronicles 16:9 Each time a trial comes I have learned more and more that I must slow down, get alone with Him, commit my heart fully to him as I plug into His great power. Each time this takes place, I find myself enjoying incredible growth in my faith and walk. Are you in the middle of a trial right now? Remember, praise Him in the good times because He wants to be a part of our good days. Praise Him in the bad times too. Why? Cause He is the One leading us through our trials. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent