Walk Far, Walk With Others


I have several friends that have ran marathons. I have great respect for them cause it takes such great discipline. One thing I hear often from them is that having people with them to encourage them during training and the actual race is so critical.
I can only imagine how much joy it brings to cross the finish line with people standing there waiting to cheer them on. Without that support, it sure would be a lot harder wouldn't it?

“If you want to walk fast, walk alone; if you want to walk far, walk with others." Burkina Faso

Reminded this morning that part of the journey in life is allowing people to walk or run alongside me. If I become "me" focused then I will find myself alone and very discouraged. I won't make it too far alone.
If you are running alone these days, please know that is not how God created us. He created us to be in community. True recovery and sustainable recovery happens with relationship with Christ first, and then a group of like minded brothers and sisters. None of us have to be alone. 

“In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude of mind Christ Jesus had" Philippians 2:5

Looking forward to the day we walk across that 'supremely happy' finish line together.
Have a great day

Rodney Holms

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent