People Don't Change?


“People don’t change”.
I used to hear those words slip out of my mouth too. Why? Because I believed it.
Think for just a moment about this verse:
“Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.” Romans 6:14
Did you catch that? We can live under the freedom of God’s grace. Wow! In Christ we are set free and sin’s power is broken! What a gift!

Now think about those right now who are struggling, living in a silent and dark life apart from Christ. Do you remember what it felt like to have no hope, without family or community?
Is there one person you could invite to see Home Run this weekend? This could be the seed planted in their life journey toward real healing.

Here is one response from just one participant that watched the film this past weekend:
“It was absolutely fantastic! So representative of the sometimes "silent" struggle most of us face in our recovery (life). I cannot tell you the impact it had on my ex-husband, but I do know that his "silent" tears as we all heard the serenity prayer. I think he realized that it’s not just a 12 step program...these people are my family. He hugged me afterwards and told me for the first time that he was proud of me. Thank you so much for bringing this movie to our town.”

What if seeing this movie leads just “one person” to take action in their life?
Wouldn’t that be something? Let’s bless someone with an invitation this week.

Rodney, Nat’l Assimilation Coach- I Am Changing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent