My Actions Advertise


When I worked in retail I used to tell my employees the high importance of treating the customer right. It didn't matter how much we treated the customer right, if one customer was treated badly, that would be what was remembered. 
This reminds me of an old proverb,
“Good things sell, bad things advertise."

As Christians this can be the case as well. I am challenged that no matter how many people I may have done the "right thing" with, the one "bad thing" where I responded in haste or without love will always be the one that advertises the most.
I am reminded that as a Christian I need to be cognizant of this, but also show grace when others hurt me cause I know what it's like to need grace. This is why taking a daily inventory is so critical for me. To keep my side of the street clean.

If you are in my life, I can assure you, I will mess up and say or do things that will hurt you. I must keep striving for good though and show grace and forgiveness as we grow together. 
If you are like me and blow it sometimes, its ok, thats why we need Christ in our life. We are fellow strugglers in life & are in no way perfect. Just humble yourself, make amends and keep seeking the Father daily.
Remember, our haste decisions will be what is remembered so we need to pause before we speak. But more importantly, how we deal with the wrong decisions will be advertised even more.
“Happy are those who work for peace; God will call them his children!" Matt 5:9

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent