No More Hiding


You wanna know something that really annoys me? Holes in my socks! Lol
Seriously, this past week I went thru an entire day with a hole in my sock right at my big toe. It was driving me crazy!!
The thing of it was that no one else around me could see it or knew that hole was there. My shoes covered it up. I certainly didn't tell anyone.
That being said, I knew it was there and it was driving me crazy.
At the end of the day I had one of two choices, deal with the sock and throw it out or keep the socks in my life and just learn to deal with it.

In recovery I can do the same thing with unresolved sin. I can act like its not there and keep it hidden from the world. Meanwhile I am screaming on the inside acting like everything is alright.
Or...I can deal with it.
As I learn to trust God & gain a better understanding of who He is, that ultimately leads to my repenting and confessing the hidden sin in my life.
The result? New and beautiful life.

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful & just & will forgive us our sins & purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

The enemy will convince us to keep the sin in our life worse than a bad pair of socks. 
Christ has something so much better.

Rodney Holmstrom 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent