A Picture Worth Experiencing


One of our forever family members in CR was fighting for his life and in the hospital.

I walked into the hospital and turned to my right, immediately I saw two CR forever family sisters drinking coffee. They had just been to the room for several hours and were taking a break before going back in.
I took the elevator up to the floor where the 24 year old young man was lying in bed fighting for his life. I opened the door to walk in and again saw a room with more CR forever family. A couple praying and visiting in the corner. I saw CR family everywhere!
I began talking to the parents of this young man, now 4 days into his battle, still in a coma. The step dad, exhausted, with big tears in his eyes, said with incredible gratitude in his heart, "I don't know where we would be without our CR family; the cards, prayers, visits, meals, encouragement and love."
Unfortunately, they lost their son a few days later & they are grieving in this tough loss but not alone. As their family, we grieve with this sweet family.

What a picture of the family of God coming together to hold each other in a tough crisis. 
“The Lord has heard the sound of my weeping." Psalm 6:8 

What I witnessed that day is something that happens across the globe thru CR everyday. The Lord hears our weeping in our pain and responds by sending his angels, I like to call them an army of 'Jesus in the flesh', to stand by us in our struggles.

This morning I am grateful for my CR forever family across the world that makes this ministry more than just a bunch of meetings and gatherings but a church family to walk with in our victories and our pain. 
If you don't have a family, please know that you do have one awaiting you here at CR.

In CR I see a loving body of people "serving others as Jesus did" John 13:14-15 
...and I am grateful!
How has your CR family been there for you in your pain?

Come see us tonight

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent