Examining the Slips


Have you ever been walking along and then before you realize it, a trip, slip, bam, you hit the ground. 
The first thing I do us look to see if anyone saw me. Lol

There is an old proverb that reads,
“Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped."

It is easy to become consumed in our life with the actual 'fall' that happens cause it tends to bring the most damage.
However, I am learning that examining the process (slips) leading up to the fall can be even more valuable.
If I can understand how I ended up where I am, then I have a better chance of preventing a future fall.

Sometimes slips in life are good cause they prevent a fall.
If you find yourself slipping, pay attention. Those slips will be invaluable in teaching us to be on guard as we continue our walk.
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." 1Corinthians 16:1

If you have fallen don't be discouraged. Get back up on your feet and take another step. Just don't try to go at it alone. God is with you and will lead you in your every step. 

Have a great day!

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent