When I Am Weak.....Then comes the fruit

"Yeah but...I don't think I can, what if I fail?" It is interesting how I can get so wrapped up in worrying about failing, not being good enough to complete a challenge, or not being strong enough. I was walking with one of my Sponsee's the others night and we were talking about his first run at a garden this year. He was telling me about his watermelon and tomato's. He said the surprising thing about it was the plants that started out looking so strong were the ones that produced the least amount of fruit. However his plants that he would have thought were never going to make it, the weakest, were the ones that soared. Wow! Isn't that what God does with us? I know He does with me. He is looking for me to not act like I am strong, and have it all together, but instead to admit I am weak so that He can make me strong thru Him. "For when I am weak, then I am strong." I need to remember this when I am battling these concerns of "what if I fail". The fact is, I will fail at times but that is the beauty of being an imperfect and ordinary being, called to do extra ordinary things. When I look back on my life, it is my failures that have taught me the most about myself and life. Today, I choose to not live in fear of failure but be grateful for the opportunity to have on the job, life training. As our good friend James says, "Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."James 1:4. I am grateful that I have not only God but so many others as well to help me in this race. Keep plugging today and don't worry about the "what if's". God is in control anyway. Why worry about something only He controls anyway. :)RODNEY HOLMSTROM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent