Not a second too soon!!!

This morning I was talking with one of our Forever Family CR brothers and he was sharing with me about a sister that had come into their ministry. She was lost, and seeking a better hope and life. Our brother took the time to share the gospel with her and then led her to Christ. She received Christ and was then baptized in church the very next day, this past Sunday in fact. That in itself is enough to warm our hearts with great rejoicing. What you don’t know is that yesterday we received tough news that she was involved in a house fire and died. Wow! This hit me hard and really got me to thinking. Who is it I need to share with about His hope? It was Shakespeare that once said “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.” I don’t know about you but I sure don’t want to be a minute late on something like this. As believers we know the importance on sharing with others and helping them to grow in their own faith. Reading in Colossians 2:6-7 this morning, “And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow Him…..and you will overflow with thankfulness.” One of the great ways this love and thankfulness overflows is in how I treat others not just in the moments I want them to listen to what I have to say. But in ever day interactions. Do they see something in me that they want for themselves? Or do I hurt my testimony and turn them off to anything I have to say. “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 1Peter 4:8. My prayer for myself and others is that we first live a life that is alluring and attractive for others to desire for themselves and then secondly, that we have the courage to share what a relationship with Him means and how it can change us, with as many people as we can. I am grateful for our CR brothers willingness to share this message with this woman before she passed. We know where she is and we rejoice with the angels. Who’s next? “Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.”Jude 1:2. I pray this over you as you read this friend. For information about Celebrate Recovery contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent