My Eye on the Storm?

Yesterday was one of those days where I felt overwhelmed and like the walls were caving in on me. Ever have one of those days? I was thinking this morning about the time I was young in the ocean with my mom and brother playing in the water. The water was pretty low and I was able to walk out to this little spot of dirt and play. I began walking back to shore the same way I came and realized real quick that the tide had come in and I was not able to walk back. I was not a good swimmer and found myself frozen with incredible fear. I began calling out to my mom on the shore in great panic, saying "mom! I'm scared!!!" Mom quickly came to my rescue just like any mom would. As she talked me thru the process of returning to her loving arms, she just kept saying, "look at me son, keep swimming, it's going to be ok." On a much grander scale the Father does the same thing for me as I face life's storms. When the winds and waves pick up in my life, He is telling me the same thing, "Look at Me Rodney. Keep your eyes on Me son. Keep walking toward Me. It's gonna be alright". Even if I am not a good swimmer, the good news is that He will come and meet me where I am in my storm. Jesus told Peter in his storm, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid.”Matt 14:27. Today, as we face our storms and big waves, take courage friend. Because of Him, we need not be afraid. He is all powerful, all knowing, willing and very much able to help us thru any and all storms we will face. Today I hear the Lord saying, "Quit looking at the storm Rodney. Look at Me." He is much stronger that any of the waves surrounding us right now isn't He?  Keep your eyes on Him no matter what. Keep praising Him in the storm. Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent