Grant Me The "Courage"

"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."-Aristotle. As I was reading the serenity prayer last night at CR, that phrase, "God grant me....the "courage" to change the things I can...." Oh what courage it takes to take that first step doesn't it? I can remember being in some low places in my life and my knees literally felt like they were about to buckle under the pressure. Someone once said, "What is "not" started today is never finished." So true. I know today that if I had not used the courage and strength that Joshua speaks of, and lean into Him in the midst of my storm, even though the temptation is to turn and run, I would not have survived. In Luke 11 it gives me hope to know that if I "ask" for His help in having the courage to face life's battles, it will be given,. If I "seek" Him, I will find my Father cause He is waiting on me to surrender. If I knock, He will open the massive door keeping me from experiencing His freedom and hope in my life. He will do this not just for yesterday's struggles but for today's & tomorrow's. All I need to do is "start" by full surrender. He is the one leading, the one changing me, the one granting true serenity in the midst of a chaotic life; while giving me the courage to change the things I can; and His great wisdom to know the difference. Start today, and let's run and finish this race together one day in the arms of our Savior. He who brings you to it, will be faithful to carry you thru it.  Rodney Holmstrom roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org 479-659-3679 for more questions about CR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent