Habits?

This morning I was thinking about habits. I used to have some pretty crazy and destructive habits that brought much pain to myself and to others including my family. The word habit can seem like a dirty word but as I reflect on some new habits in my life, I realized that "habits" are good if they are the correct habits. Today I am so grateful for God giving me the strength to replace my destructive habits with new life changing habits. This life change was, is, and will only be possible if Christ is leading me. Someone once said,  “Habits are first cobwebs, then cables." Some of my past habits truly became cables that were wrapped around my neck and shoulders causing me to live in misery while I was drowning. Today, these new habits are cables connected to the Father. Today I have freedom. And though I am no where near perfect, I am seeking Him in faith as I continue this journey of life.  I don't know what you are battling today. I'm not sure what habits have a stranglehold hold on you and your family, but I do know that change is possible. Today, you can make a choice to start a new healthy habit, and that is to seek Christ with all your heart. Only He can give you the strength to deal with your life hurts and destructive habits. “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life."Prov4:23. Life change can happen in your life too. I promise u, & the journey is well worth it. The "gift" is a relationship with Christ. The "fruit" is freedom and joy unlike anything else. "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."MLK Jr.  I am praying that you find a CR in your area and take this first step.  See you there! Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent