Unmanageable without Christ


A friend of mine had a pet python snake that she let lie in her bed at night when she slept. For the longest time it would coil up in a circle next to her as she slept. Then she started waking up to the snake stretched all the way out.
When she asked the vet about this behavior, the vet said, “Oh, that’s because the snake is measuring you to see if it can swallow you whole.” DOH!
Wow! Isn’t that just like sin in my life?! It starts out to be seemingly pretty “manageable”, and before I know it, it is measuring me to swallow me whole.
 “but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death.” James 1:14-15

I am grateful that God helped me to finally acknowledge that the only way to deal with my hurts, hang-ups, and habits, was to admit that I am not God, that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life was unmanageable.  It was time to quit trying to play God by controlling my sin on my own. Only God has the power to help me recover and birth to my new life!
“The Lord is my fortress. My God is a rock where I find shelter.” Ps 94:22

We can’t keep our recovery unless we give it away. How are you giving it away? Are you trained, equipped and ready to give back thru CR? Consider joining us for one of our upcoming Training Summits.

Rodney, Nat’l Assimilation Coach
East Coast Summit: July 10-12, SC
West Coast Summit: Aug 14-16, CA
Register today www.celebraterecovery.com



Rodney Holmstrom
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/c44.44.556.556/s160x160/33946_10200226132889393_1004238171_n.jpg
Celebrate Recovery
Congregational Leader Fellowship
South Central Regional Director
National Assimilation Coach
west_white (2)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent