The News of Hope

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Women's Encourager Coach

“…And in the news today…” I don’t know about you, but I know that I’ve heard more than my fair share of bad news lately, but it got me thinking about God’s call on me, as a believer, to share the good news of the Bible! As I scroll through social media, it doesn’t take long before I realize that about 90% of what I’m seeing are posts of anxiousness and fear about the current news! What would be so amazing is if all believers turned around and began posting nothing but good news and encouragement from God’s Word. I could post my own testimony of how I’m using God’s Word to help with anxiety, or I could share encouragement for the masses to not give up no matter WHAT we face! The world sure could use some good news!!

Give thanks to the Lord and pray to him. Tell the nations what he has done.
Sing to him; sing praises to him. Tell about all his miracles.
Be glad that you are his; let those who seek the Lord be happy.
Psalms 105:1
-3

“What, then, shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us, who can be against us?”
Romans 8:31

At Celebrate Recovery, the 8th Principle tells me to: Yield myself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by my example and my words.”

And in Step 12, we are instructed that: “Having had a spiritual experience as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to others and practice these principles in all our affairs.”

I love being reminded of God’s truth! I remember what God wants me to be doing and suddenly I am not getting caught up in the worry which could so easily overtake me if I didn’t.
Have a blessed week, forever family!
Click HERE to listen to "Somebody Tell Them" by City Harbor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent