God Is Always There!

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Training Coach 3/18/20

Last November my daughter and I took a 3 day trip to Colorado to climb a mountain. 
That’s right a mountain!! HA! My daughter had come to me 2 months prior and asked
me if we could climb a mountain and I thought she just meant hiking around Northwest Arkansas or somewhere relatively close. She was quick to correct my thinking as she relayed that she meant a “real” mountain! Long story short, we climbed the highest mountain peak in Colorado which was Mount Elbert. We almost made it to the summit but not quite. Still, it was an incredible experience with my youngest daughter that I will never forget. 

 While up there on the mountain we felt like we could see the presence of God. The views were among the best I’ve ever seen and the crisp, cold, thin air just added to the surrealism we were feeling. There is a song that I have been listening to over the past 6 months called “Highlands (song of ascent).” In the first verse of this song, it describes how I would climb a mountain, scale valleys, or chase rivers and basically stop at nothing to find God. However, the song goes on, “your just not that hard to find.” Wow! If I knew God was somewhere difficult to reach, I would do anything to find him. The truth is he is right here with me, all the time! There have been some hard times in my life that I felt like God was not there. I couldn’t hear his voice and I couldn’t see evidence of him in my life. However, that was because I had either stepped out of his shadow or He was teaching me or leading me somewhere I needed to go; I just couldn’t see it. Hindsight is truly 20/20, but whatever you may be struggling with this week my friend let me assure you God is right there with you! 

 Reach out to him, he is just not that hard to find. I hope this email finds you in a good place, but if not, let these verses be of encouragement to you.
The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you
and I will give you rest.” 
Exodus 33:14 NIV

Where can I go from your Spirit
Where can I flee from your presence?”  
Psalm 139:7 NIV
Click HERE to listen to "Highlands (Song of Ascent)" by Hillsong 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent