Got change?

By Kareena Holloway, CR Ministry TEAM Women's Encourager Coach at Fellowship Bible Church 2/27/2019


Change is challenging.  Change can be scary.  Change can be hard.  Left to my own vices, I am overcome with anxiety over uncertainties.  How do you handle change?  

I did a H.E.A.R.T check. Am I:
Hurting, Exhausted, Angry, Resentful, or Tense?

In some recent changes going on around me, I began to see that I was triggered by my childhood fear of abandonment.  I could easily have stayed on the spiral downward and let it affect how and where I serve. 


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  
~Jeremiah 29:11~

In spending time and processing all of this with the Lord, He is showing me something new.  God is showing me today that change is a challenge to grow closer to Him, therefore exuding His truth to others who also may struggle with change.  God doesn't leave me or forsake me when I am going through changes.  He is with me every step.  Hallelujah!  That means that I don't have to carry around this load of anxiety.  I am giving Him all of that.  Will you join me?  


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." ~Hebrew 12:1-3~


“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?” ~Matthew 6:25~

Song:  Click HERE to listen to "Lifted Hands" by Ryan Stevenson

(photo credit for photo above:  Ellie Holcomb)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent