Let There Be Light!

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church NWA CR Ministry TEAM Men's Encourager Coach, 2/13/2019
I recently read this quote, “Darkness is great when we are trying to hide something, but light is needed when we are trying to walk without falling.”  This quote reminded me of a night when I came home late when I was in high school.  My parents were already in bed and the house was dark.  I let myself in and because I knew where everything was, I didn’t think I needed to turn on any lights.  Boy was I wrong!  My mother had moved all the furniture around in our sunken-in living room and when I stepped down into the living room I fell over a lamp table and made all kinds of noise trying to get back up and turn the lights on.  HA!  At Celebrate Recovery I discovered things in my life that I needed to deal with that I didn’t even know were there.  That’s because I had previously been walking in the darkness of denial.  I kept stumbling over these things over and over again.  It’s amazing how well I can see now that the lights are on!  However, recently I discovered an area in my life that was still hidden in the dark.  That area was my bad eating habits.  I have been overeating most of my life but kept that habit in the darkness of denial.  Almost 5 months ago God turned the lights on and I discovered this area of my life that needed to change.  Since then, I have made some changes in this area of my life and I’ve dropped 35 lbs!  I feel better, I sleep better and my wife says I don’t snore anymore!  HA!  It’s amazing how the 8 principles and 12 steps can apply to every aspect of my life.  How about you?  Are there any areas of your life that are hidden?  Do you want to walk without stumbling?  Here’s what Jesus says, “I am the light of the world.  If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12  I hope this email finds you walking in the light of Jesus.  May God bless you my friend as you continue to serve and spread God’s light to others.Click HERE to listen to "Let There Be Light" by Bryan & Katie Torwalt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent