Overflowing or Balanced?

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA CR TEAM Women's Encourager Coach, Devotional team 9/12/2018
Have you ever seen someone so busy that they're just frazzled, rushing, inpatient, or just plain confused?  Does that ring a familiar bell with you, maybe in your own life?  I can tell you that I, personally, have felt this!  
What I felt, was that I was just overwhelmed with all that was on my plate.  The reason why is because I had everything pretty much organized...and then school started!  My daughter is in 5th grade and has attended a Christian academy school (since kindergarten) which partners with parents so that the child can have classroom time but also have homeschool experience 3 days a week.    
What happened is that I wasn't keeping my plate balanced!  


Instead of keeping my plate balanced, I had become occupied with just "getting it done".  Perhaps the fact that my husband and I have been grieving one of our sons moving away to go to the Navy was playing a part in my inner chaos.  My emotions have been more on the sensitive side ..so maybe that's why I have been having feelings of depression.  Perhaps I thought that I could just go through the motions and everything would be alright.  
Do you know what this sounds like?
This sounds an awful lot like I was needing to start at Principle 1, to realize that I cannot do this on my own!  I needed to again realize that I'm not God!
Principle 1:
"Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable. 


“Happy are those who know that they are spiritually poor.” Matthew 5:3

Do you want to know what I did? 
 I gave it all to God! I took a chip Friday night at Celebrate Recovery!  I took that chip to symbolize that I am no longer going to try to do it all on my own..that I need God's help to do the things which He has called me to do, AND I also took that chip to tell God that I am 100% trusting in HIM to get me through this time that my son is away with the Navy.  

Today, I feel much more relaxed.  I am reminded that what I am doing is for a purpose much greater than I.  I feel like a load has been taken off of my shoulders.  I don't have to carry this on my own.  God has always been with me, waiting patiently for me to hand it to him.  He says to all of us:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30

So, I ask you.  Is your plate overflowing or balanced?  How much of it have you been trying to take care and control of all on your own power?  Perhaps it's time to evaluate what's on your plate, balance it with things like quiet time with God, free time for yourself, renewal, relaxation, and refreshing time.  Perhaps it's time to exercise Principle 3 in your life?  "Consciously choose to commit ALL my life and will to Christ's care and control"

"Happy are the Meek" Matthew 5:5

Lastly, I will remember this following verse and pray that you will pray this over yourself as you plan your days to come:

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." Colossians 3:23

Click HERE to listen to "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent