History Lessons Learned

Ever take some time to read some bizarre product labels? "For external use only!" -- On a curling iron. "Look before driving." -- On the dash board of a mail truck. "Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer. And my favorite: "May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray. Now why would they have to write these labels? Cause it happened to someone already. Seems crazy huh? We see that in life with our spiritual walk too. Paul said in 1 Cor 10:6 "Now these things happened as examples for us" He was talking of the Israelites struggles, tests and failures. God has taken these and recorded them for our benefit. The question I am asking myself, is am I going to repeat history or make a new history. Unfortunately I have repeated a lot of ugly past. I “knew” drugs, alcohol, isolating, trying to control and live my life apart from God was unhealthy and damaging, and yet unfortunately I repeated the unhealthy history in my life. However, I can now, thru the grace of God say, I am not who I used to be, nor who I’ll become, but I am closer to Christ and hearing His message and learning lessons from past mistakes. Today I am choosing to the break cycles of my past junk thru better listening and choices. CR is an incredible tool to draw me closer to Christ. God's Word is a necessity for me to stay rooted in regularly so as to learn from the past and in turn learn how to keep trusting Him. Rodney For more information on Celebrate Recovery, contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent