May I Drive That?

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Training Coach 2/5/20

On January 18th of this year, at the 49th annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction in Arizona, Rick Hendrick bought the very first mid-engine Corvette Stingray ever built for a whopping 3 million dollars! Rick is a multi-million-dollar car dealership owner and race-car driver. He owns the Heritage Center in Concord, North Carolina. The Heritage Center is a 58,000 square foot museum with nearly 210 of the rarest cars in the world. Of those cars, 120 are Corvettes. Getting inside is by invitation only. This is where Rick Hendrick will put the 2020 Corvette Stingray right after it comes off the production line in February. The 2020 Corvette Stingray delivers 495 horsepower and 470 lbs of torque. Its top speed is 194 mph and can do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds! It's the most powerful Corvette Stingray ever built. Rick said, "I won't ever drive it. I'll put it away." One of the most expensive street-cars ever bought and certainly one of the most powerful, and he'll never drive it!

This news item got me thinking about my recovery. If someone would offer me the promise of never relapsing and always having the peace that transcends understanding for the rest of my life I would say, “Yes, please! May I drive that?” Here’s the thing, someone has offered that to me! I have access to the most powerful being that has ever existed. He created our world and our universe by speaking it into existence. He can do literally anything He wants, and I can enter into His presence at any given moment. In fact, He wants me to come to Him with my hurts, habits and hang-ups (Matthew 11:28). He desires to give me the abundant life (John 10:10). But there are many who will never call upon the name of the Lord. There are some that will live this brief life and never declare Jesus as their Lord. There are some who will never submit their will to Christ’s care and control (Principle 3). 

“Lord, I want to commit my will to You every day. Take my hurts, habits and hang-ups and give me Your peace. May I take full advantage of Your offer to give me peace and freedom. In Jesus Name, Amen.”

I hope today finds you in a good place. But if it doesn’t, remember you have an all-powerful God who is waiting to give you the drive of your life! All you have to do is receive it. Have a blessed week my friend.

Matthew 11:28,30 NIV
“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

John 10:10 NIV
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
Click here to listen to "Freedom" by Jesus Culture featuring Kim Walker Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent