Are We There Yet?

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Women's Encourager Coach



“Slowpoke!”  “Lolly-gagger!”  Oh yeah, I've heard those words before. As a kid I was never in a rush to do anything. I always wanted to take my time, savor the moment, take all of the information in, and get the most of the moment so that the memory would last!
  
Fast-forward (we'll just say a few years!) to when I started Celebrate Recovery. I was so ready and on fire for change that I lost that "take it slow" mentality and suddenly wanted to hurry through!!  I jumped into the first step study that was available, and as soon as the subject of inventory came up I was all over it!  Despite my Sponsor's advice to   
S L O W   D O W N   I jumped in and started filling out my inventory sheet before it was time! I got about half way down the sheet, listing the people who had hurt me growing up, and the bad choices I had made as an adult, and suddenly I felt 



depressed, 
                     burned out, 
defeated,
                unworthy,
un-savable…


After a good talk with my sponsor, she reminded me of the importance of keeping my inventory BALANCED and SLOWING DOWN!  Just like when I was a kid taking my time, I began to savor the moments of breakthrough, taking all of the information in, and making the most out of the process of my recovery.   

When I take my time working the process of recovery, I find that I am

joyful,
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. --Romans 12:12
                   renewed,
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. --Romans 12:2a
victorious,
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. --1 Cor. 15:57
               worthy,
and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. Col. 1:12
saved by Christ...
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  Eph. 1:17



Dear God, thank you for reminding us to slow down and not rush your timing in our recovery, and thank you that we can savor the moments and milestones along the way. Thank you, God. As is sang in the song, "Way Maker" You are our "Way maker, Miracle worker, Promise keeper, Light in the darkness, My God, That is who you are!"  We love you Lord!  Amen!


Click HERE to listen to "Way Maker" by Leeland

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent