I Am Fragile!

By Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers Celebrate Recovery Ministry TEAM Women's Encourager Coach 7/10/2019
I am fragile!  This seems like an obvious statement, but I realize this fact more and more as I continue to work on my recovery.  How many times have I tried to rely on my own power in order to achieve a goal? How many times do I overthink something because I want to “be sure” that I don’t make any mistakes?  TOO MANY TO COUNT!  
I am so grateful for God’s unending grace!
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.”
Philippians 2:13

Because of God’s grace, I see that where I am fragile and weak, HE is the one who is strong in me.  I also see that it’s okay if I don’t have it all together. I don’t have to be perfect.  I can take joy in being teachable and then honoring God by turning around and teaching others that it is okay to admit our great need for a savior.
So how are you?  Do you struggle like I do?  
It’s okay to be transparent.  It’s alright to admit that you cannot do it all alone without the help of Jesus.  People are recognizing more and more every day through Celebrate Recovery that it is OKAY and they are allowing God to work in them to will and to act according to His good purpose.  
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
2 Corinthians 12:9-11 NIV
Let’s pray:

Lord God, thank you for your grace.  Thank you for your strength. Thank you for the reminder that I do not need to “have it all together”, and for your forgiveness when I start to look to my own power.  I am grateful that I can come to you just as I am, weak, broken, and in need of you every second of my life. Father thank you for allowing me to serve in a way that helps others be pointed to your love, your mercy, and your truth.  It is in your sweet name I pray, amen.
Click HERE to listen to "This Is Amazing Grace" by Phil Wickham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent