Here for us!

By Susan Nichols, Fellowship Bible Church CR Devotional Team 1/16/2019

When is He There for Us?

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.  (Isaiah 43:2, NLT)

‘When’—what a meaningful word!  It asks a question: “At what time or period?  How long ago?  How soon?  Under what circumstances?”  Then, it gives us the answer, “At any time. Whenever.”
I like to read it this way, “At what time will He be with us?  At any time!”   “Under what circumstances does He promise to help us?  Whenever we need Him!”

Isn’t it just like God to ask a question, then provide the answer?  Jesus promised us we’d face trials:
“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  (John 16:33)
Then He also promised,
“Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."  (Matthew 28:20)

When we’re walking through deep waters, when we’re wading through rivers of difficulty, when we feel we’re going to drown or be burned by the fire, He is with us.  He promises we won’t drown.  He promises we won’t be consumed by the fire. Yes, the walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death can seem endless, but we reach the other side by trusting Him one step at a time. 
If discouragement, doubt, or fear threaten to steal our peace, all we have to do is cry out to the one who loves and knows us better than anyone else.  He is faithful to hear our cries and help us when we call. Read over the scriptures above if you find yourself struggling this week and be encouraged!

Lord, I know that you’re in control of everything in my life.  I don’t ever have to worry or fear because you only want what’s best for me.  Help me to trust you this week, knowing that whenever I need you, you’ll be there!               ~Amen

Click HERE to listen to "Singing In The Victory" by Austin Stone Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent