Does The Father Giggle?

By Tim Kelley: Fellowship Bible Church NWA Celebrate Recovery Training Coach


To me, this is one of the most powerful verses in God’s Word. It speaks to me so loudly of the Father’s love for us.  
First He has “blessed us with every Spiritual blessing” (from the NLT version) because we are in Christ. 

Second, it speaks of the Father’s desire for us.  Before He created anything else you and I were on His mind. Say that to yourself right now “Before anything else was created, I, was on the Father’s mind”.  There is so much weight behind that statement. You and I were not “afterthoughts” or a secondary idea.  No!!  There was intention from the beginning, before there was a beginning, for us by the Father. He wanted you and He wanted me to know, to experience His love you and me.  You and I were the Father’s choice!!  We are not Plan B, were are what He has been focused on before everything began.  

Third, this was done so that we would be “made whole and holy” by the experience of His love.  He desires for us to be a part of His family, to know Him as Father, to know His love for us. And He enjoys and takes great pleasure in the thought of you and I becoming part of His family!!  It makes me think that the Father giggled at the thought of you and I becoming a part of His family. The Father giggling, hmmm now there is a thought in itself!!  But even more so He giggled at the thought of you, He giggled at the thought of me. It was His joy to plan our salvation. I am not trying to make light of what Christ’s work on the cross means or the suffering of it, but in this verse I see an expression of the depths of the Father’s love for you and I, so deep is it, that His love for us causes Him to giggle at the very thought of you and I becoming His beloved children.  

The Father has used these four verses to take me from seeing myself as more than a grateful believer, more than a follower of Christ, they have taken me to a place of seeing myself as a beloved child, a beloved son.  

Father, thank You for the idea, the vision of You giggling over me, Your expression of love and joy for me. How can I respond without anything but love and thankfulness?  Your expression of love for me is making me whole and holy.  May I always hear You giggling over me, it is air to my very soul. 


Click HERE to listen to Steadfast Love by Fellowship Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent