Childlike Faith

By: Carl Kimbro, Fellowshp Bible Church CR brother, 12/27/2017

Do you have Childlike Faith?

My granddaughters pray trusting that God answers prayer. They don’t pray hoping He answers, they expect He will answer. I don’t want them to be disappointed, so I say things like “God hears you, but He doesn’t always answer the way we want him too”. Yet, their simple faith has proven me wrong.
Camp War Eagle drop off day came and it was raining. I told B. that I was sorry her first day at camp was ruined. She replied “It won’t rain all day. I asked God to make it stop so all the campers could have fun”. Once again, I tried to soften the blow. Drop off time came and it suddenly (and I mean suddenly)
stopped raining. It stayed that way the rest of the day. I was excited for B. and had already forgotten her prayer. But she told me “God answered my prayer.” No doubt in her mind at all. Her faith in prayer made me re-examine my prayer life. I asked “How can I too have such child-like faith”? That led to these
two verses:

Start with the right relationship – Be humble and Seek God

God wants our obedience. He told the Israelites in 2nd Chronicles 7:14 “If My people who are called by my
name will humble themselves, seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven
forgive their sins, and restore their land”. The key words are humble and seek. A proud sinful heart will
close God’s ears. We are to approach God with respect. When we approach Him with the attitude and
the respect He deserves, He will hear us.

Ask God with confidence that He will answer prayers prayed according to His will.

God’s word tells us in 1 st John 5:14 to approach Him with confidence knowing that He answers prayer. –
And this is the confidence we have towards Him, that if we ask anything in accordance to His will, He
will answer us”.

  • Our confidence must be in God and His ability to answer.
  • We must have the right motives. James 4:3 mirrors this: “You ask and don’t receive because you pray with the wrong motives so you can satisfy your own passions”. Selfish motives are not God’s motives. If God gave us everything we asked for, the results would be a disaster! The Bible tells us what God’s will is in our lives, and we should use that as a guide in asking God to answer prayer. Not our selfish desires, but His will found in His Word.
Sound simple? But just trying to put it into practice proves that it isn’t! However, take this challenge:
  • Seek God humbly and respectfully.
  • Understand His will by understanding His Word.
  • Ask with pure motives and seek to ask in accordance to His will.
Do these things and see if it gives you the confidence of a child-like faith and an assurance that God
answers your prayers.

Click HERE to listen to "Let Faith Arise" by BridgeCity

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOREVER FAMILY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent