Keep Crowing for Jesus


Someone once said, "The young bird does not crow until it hears the old ones."
I was thinking about this in the context of our small groups in CR.
It is tempting at times for me to think, "I don't need to be in a small group anymore. I got this all figured out."
The truth is, the minute I start thinking I have arrived is when I should be the most on guard. 

It is the being a part of small groups that keeps me sharp and on my toes. My sharing of past victories, current struggles and fears, can and will, 
not only bring hope to the newcomers, but maybe give them the courage to share themselves.
This old bird will never stop crowing in a small group setting. 
There is nothing like sharing from my own experience and then seeing the light bulb of hope go on in someone else. 
Then...to hear them share and find healing as a result...now that's something worth shouting about.
Keep crowing for Christ friends, it makes a difference!

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent