Growing, Not Getting Thru It


Listening to the rain this morning reminds me of an old proverb that reads: “The rain does not recognize anyone as a friend; it drenches all equally." 
I can't believe today marks 4 years since my mom's passing.  A year after she passed away I asked a dear friend if the pain ever subsides, do the tears ever stop flowing? His response, "do you ever praise God in the pain?" That sounded like an oxymoron to me.
He went onto say that "the fact that you hurt so much means that you have a heart that loves so much. Thank God that you have a heart that is not hardened and knows how to love."

Here was the biggest thing he said though, "you are loved even more by the Father. Whatever you are feeling, feel it and don't fight it. Growing thru this is better than getting thru this."

As I look at the last 4 years, I am reminded that I have a heart that loves and most importantly that I am loved by the King. 
Just like the rain that falls equally, the Father drenches us with His love as His children. He does this thru good and bad times.

"The Lord is compassionate & gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love." Ps 103:8
Grateful to be growing today. 

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent