Counterfeit or Truth?


It's been said, "Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit." Boy isn't that true?!

In one corner, we hear a voice that is all about misery, thievery, death, and destruction...a counterfeit.
In the other, happiness, blessing, life, (a rich and satisfying life) and restoration. (John10:10)
Two distinct voices, two distinct messages. Which voice do I listen to? For too long I listened to the counterfeit.

When I first took my moral inventory I realized just how much of my sin was blocking me from hearing His voice. When I couldn't hear His voice, there was only one other voice to hear & and I paid dearly for that counterfeit.

When I have unresolved junk (sin) in my life, it is impossible for me to hear my Fathers voice.
In following this process I was able to remove the barriers that were blocking me from hearing the Father's voice, direction and path for my life.

This is the time I chose to say, "Father, I am ready to do some housecleaning and come clean with you. Please give me the strength to walk thru this so I can experience that rich and satisfying life that only you can provide." And did He ever!

"Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10

What encouragement could you give to someone still on the fence about taking this big an important step?

Rodney Holmstrom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent