Nutter Butter Anyone?

In the last year I found out that I have hypoglycemia and had strict orders from my doctor to change my diet. In meeting with a nutritionist, I was told that I would have to reduce my portion intake in a meal setting. I would also have to change my diet to more vegetables and less sweets. Yikes! That is the last thing I wanted to hear as I so love sweets. (Nutter Butters to be precise. )

I told my nutritionist that it was going to be pretty tough for me to do this because of my sweet tooth. She then said something to me that has stuck with me since. She said, “Rodney, your body will crave what it eats.” I thought she was crazy, but would you believe as I changed my eating habits, ate more vegetables and more healthy foods, my body did just that. It wanted more healthy things to digest. I was in fact craving what I ate.

I think about that with my recovery and how my mind is the exact same way. What I eat mentally and take into my brain, it in turn craves that very thing more and more.
We have people in our Church that run into this issue with their life. We may have spent a life time craving and taking in the wrong things. Filling our life with lies instead of truth, addictions and even dealing with hang-ups with unhealthy emotional coping skills. In turn we find our self in misery and full of hopelessness.

Fortunately we have a tool to help our Church learn the process of changing our actions. Celebrate Recovery is a fantastic tool to equip our pastors and non staff volunteers on how to handle life issues within our Church. If we want to change the way we act, we have to change the way we feel. The only way we change the way we feel is to change the way we think. Celebrate Recovery is one of the most practical ways to help our church body start this process of rewiring our mind, submitting our life to God and then work thru the process to remove the character defects that lead us to poor choices and hopelessness. This process called Celebrate Recovery teaches us to replace those things with truth and a life of hope and freedom from whatever we are dealing with, hurts, habits or hang-ups.

Stay in the Word this week and you will begin seeing your cravings change for the positive. Stay faithful to your group meeting and the people God has blessed you with as well. You are not in this alone.
We do crave what we eat spiritually and physically.

October 22nd at 6:00pm at Fellowship Bible we are celebrating 7 years of life change here. This will be a great night to bring someone to hear many mini testimonies from satisfied customers. Steak and Chicken this night. Who will you invite?

Time to go get me a Nutter Butter. Just kidding. :)

Rodney

For more information about Celebrate Recovery call Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent