It's A Kingdom Thing Baby

So I sat there last Friday night and as I listen to David do the announcement about the 7th Anniversary Event I was it full force in the face with something by the Spirit of God that was then reinforced by the worship led by Rodney that followed and then again by Angela’s testimony that followed that.

Celebrate Recovery is celebrating 7 years of life change at FBC and we are asking folks to look outside our walls and invite someone to experience this great ministry thru this exciting celebration.

It really caught me Friday night how much CR is a Kingdom thing. It is not a Saddleback thing, it is not a Rick Warren or John Baker thing, it is not a Fellowship thing, it IS a Kingdom thing, it IS a Jesus thing. It is not about a single church or church leader or about a denomination even. It IS about the Bridegroom and His love for His bride though, His church.

That being the case, I have not been able to shake the thought that this 7th Anniversary Celebration is bigger than we think. It is not about Fellowship having CR for the last 7 years, while that is such a cool thing. This celebration needs to be about a Kingdom thing. It needs to be about what the King has done and what the King wants to do. CR works around the country, or even for that matter around the world now not because of anything except that it is a Kingdom thing.

I was talking with a friend of mine Saturday night who was telling me that he has another friend that he was surprised to find out that had been attending CR for the last several months, surprised because he said his friend was not really into church. I told my friend, well neither is CR, CR is not about church it is about the Kingdom of God, it is about Jesus binding up the broken hearted, it is about Jesus setting captive hearts free, it is about Jesus restoring lives that have been destroyed by sin and bad choices – it has nothing to do with church – it has everything to do with the Kingdom, it has everything to do with Jesus.

Just today Kim and I had the opportunity to share the same thoughts with a denominational leader who very well may cancel his plans so that he can join us on Oct 22nd. I loved what he said as we left, “it is not about our height, but it is about our depth!” Oh!! Yes!! Now that is a recovery thought, that is a Kingdom thought – if I ever heard one!! Jesus could care less to what height I rise too, but He is oh so concern with the depth of my character – that is recovery. So much so that He will risk crashing my world apart to restore my character to what it should be – that is a recovery thing; that is a Kingdom thing!
I believe that we are at a watershed moment in the Kingdom and we dare not grab it for ourselves, the moment we do it will be lost from us. CR is what it is because the King has chosen to work through His Spirit as He does, it is not our doing. It is not our anointing. It is not even our calling. It IS His Kingdom, it is His work, remember if God could speak through a donkey……enough said.

As we celebrate the last 7 years we need to be sure that we keep in mind that It's A Kingdom Thing Baby!! Lest we let pride over take us

I have not been able to get Isaiah 61 out of my mind when it comes to what it is the King wants to do in His Kingdom

1-7 The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed me.
He sent me to preach good news to the poor,
heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives,
pardon all prisoners.
God sent me to announce the year of his grace—
a celebration of God's destruction of our enemies—
and to comfort all who mourn,
To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a languid spirit.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planted by God to display his glory.
They'll rebuild the old ruins,
raise a new city out of the wreckage.
They'll start over on the ruined cities,
take the rubble left behind and make it new.
You'll hire outsiders to herd your flocks
and foreigners to work your fields,
But you'll have the title "Priests of God,"
honored as ministers of our God.
You'll feast on the bounty of nations,
you'll bask in their glory.
Because you got a double dose of trouble
and more than your share of contempt,
Your inheritance in the land will be doubled
and your joy go on forever.
8-9"Because I, God, love fair dealing
and hate thievery and crime,
I'll pay your wages on time and in full,
and establish my eternal covenant with you.
Your descendants will become well-known all over.
Your children in foreign countries
Will be recognized at once
as the people I have blessed."
10-11I will sing for joy in God,
explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation,
he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo
and a bride a jeweled tiara.
For as the earth bursts with spring wildflowers,
and as a garden cascades with blossoms,
So the Master, God, brings righteousness into full bloom
and puts praise on display before the nations."

God, a most fierce warrior, is at my side.
Those who are after me will be sent sprawling—
Slapstick buffoons falling all over themselves,
a spectacle of humiliation no one will ever forget.
Jeremiah 20:11 (The Message)

Who will you invite to experience this Kingdom ministry on October 22nd?

Tim K, Encourager Coach, Fellowship Bible CR NW Arkansas.
For more information about CR or one closer to you in your area, contact Rodney at 479-659-3679 or roholmstrom@fellowshipnwa.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent