Breaking News!

 By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Rogers CR Training Coach, 9/1/21


Where do you get your “News?” I remember growing up and my mom and dad watching the news at 10:00 pm.  I have never really watched the nightly news, but now I get the news pumped right to my cell phone.  It’s always alerting me of stuff that’s going on locally and around the world.  I have noticed that very rarely is the news positive.  For some reason it almost always has a negative story to tell me.  Maybe it’s because network ratings are higher with negative news than positive news. Maybe it’s because there is more negative news than positive news, but I doubt it. I think it’s because the enemy wants to get into my mind and change the way I think.  During the pandemic my wife and I started watching more news.  Then, I started noticing my mind thinking about the negative news stories that I watched and listened to. I didn’t like where it took my mind.

 How about you? Does the news that you ingest make you think positive things or negative things?  Proverbs 23:7 says, “For as he thinks within himself, so he is…” So, if you have been receiving more negative news than positive then allow me to encourage you with some GOOD NEWS to ingest.

 This just in:

  • “For I’m not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes…”(Romans 1:16) We have eternal life through our higher power! That is GREAT News!
  • “A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; Good News makes for good health.”(Proverbs 15:30) Did you know that good news can actually increase your mental health?
  • “How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the Good News of peace and salvation, the news that God of Israel reigns!”(Isaiah 52:7) Our higher power reigns over this world and our universe! What incredible news for the outcome of this country and world.
  • “Sing to the Lord; praise His name. Each day proclaim the Good News that He saves.”(Psalms 96:2) Our higher power can save us from our hurts, habits and hang-ups. What fantastic news!
  • “But the believers who were scattered preached the Good News about Jesus wherever they went.”(Acts 8:4) We need to spread the Good News of Jesus, our higher power. Spreading that news creates more good things for others and ourselves!

 Now, I know that things aren’t all cake and cookies here on earth. There are definitely bad things that happen. John 16:33 acknowledges that we are going to go through trials and sorrows in this world. However, it goes on to say that our higher power, Jesus Christ, has overcome the world. That is incredible news!  I don’t want to minimize anything that you might be currently going through. Life can be hard at times. But we have a higher power who gives us purpose behind the pain that we experience. We have a saying that is absolutely true; “God never wastes a hurt.” Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”

 Breaking News: God has a purpose for your life! Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

 I hope this email find you in a good place. However, if you are struggling with negative thoughts try turning your attention to some Good News. God has a purpose for your life, and He loves you. That is phenomenal news!  May God bless you my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent