You Matter

By Carl Kimbro, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Devotional Team 11/6/19


“I keep fighting voices in my head that say I’m not enough. Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up. Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low. Remind me once again who I am because I need to know.” Lyrics to You Say by Lauren Daigle.


Most of us at some point have felt the sting of failure due to a reoccurrence of our hurts, habits and hang ups. For me, failure brought doubt that I would never overcome my problems. Failure caused me to hate the person I thought I was. I looked in the mirror and saw failure and defeat. I didn’t love myself. I had reached the point of giving up. The temptation to isolate and give in to my destructive behavior was strong. God couldn’t love a failure like me. Or could He?




For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, 
nor angels nor principalities nor powers, 
nor things present or things to come, nor height, 
nor death, nor any other created thing, 
shall be able to separate us from
 the love of God which is in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:38-39

God sent His Son Jesus to die for us, so we could have eternity with Him.  if we accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, we are adopted into the family of God. He loves us unconditionally and forever. Nothing can separate us from that love. When I looked in the mirror I saw failure. God however saw a child he loves. As I prayed and believed in His promises, I began to see the possibility for a future where I wouldn’t be stuck in my destructive habits. Prayer, Bible reading, and accountability partners helped me find a hope I hadn’t felt in a long time. It was such a relief to know that He cared, and He wouldn’t abandon me. His love is unconditional and forever. It’s a comfort in time of failure and a hope for freedom from our hurts, habits and hang ups.

In the depth of my struggles I forgot the love God has for me and the forgiveness He gives me. It didn’t mean I wouldn’t have consequences for my sins.  Believe me, I had to face many of them. The effects of those consequences were far reaching and long lasting. But I could also feel God’s forgiveness and His provisions for a better life with a closer more personal relationship with Him. Each new day brought renewed hope. Each day brought healing and a peace I hadn’t know for a long time. What a great feeling that was!

If you are struggling and hurting, turn it over to God. As a grateful believer in Jesus who knows Him as Lord and Savior, you can have freedom from hurts, habits and hang ups. You matter to God. He loves and forgives you. Turn to Him and find your comfort in Him. 
Click HERE to listen to "You Say" by Lauren Daigle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent