Do You Like Me?

By Eric Hutchinson, Fellowship Bible Church Rogers, Celebrate Recovery Training Coach 11/27/19


I think it is interesting that social media centers around people liking people and the value our culture places on the “thumbs up” icon. When I take a picture and post it on social media, I eagerly await the notification of likes that I will hopefully receive. We all want to be liked, don’t we? Many want to be liked so much that it becomes unhealthy for them –we call that codependency. Whether I am codependent or not there is one person who always likes me. Now, you may be thinking that I am going to say my wife, mom, or a really close friend. However, even those people don’t always like me. They love me, but sometimes they don’t like me. God, on the other hand, not only loves me, He likes me. Look at the verse below and you can almost see the thumbs up icon.
“You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You go before me and follow me. You place Your hand of blessing on my head. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, You are still with me!” Psalm 139:3-5,17-18

God is always thinking of me. His thoughts about me can’t even be numbered! He was thinking of me before I was born! Wow! Sometimes when life gets me down and I don’t receive enough positive input from those around me, I can feel depressed, sad, and un-liked. If you are feeling this way and having trouble finding a grateful heart during this Thanksgiving holiday, know this… You are not only loved by God, you are liked by God. I am so thankful that God likes me and desires to spend time with me every day. Even when I am at my worst He wants to be near me and loves me enough to get me through it. I hope this email finds you in a good place. But if you are down and out and feeling un-liked, God likes you my friend. He loves you and likes you! You are fully known and fully liked. Happy Thanksgiving forever family!

Click HERE to listen to "The God Who Sees" by Nicole C. Mullen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent