He Is With Us

Written by Kareena Holloway, Women's Encourager Coach at Celebrate Recovery, Fellowship Bible Church, Rogers  5/15/19

There were many times when, in the midst of life's struggles, I wondered "Why am I here?"  "Why am I going through all of this pain?"  

I didn't know much about God as a child, but one thing I did know was that God wasn't the cause of my pain.  I knew even then that people make bad choices.  People make mistakes.  People are capable of really messing things up, and when I became an adult I was no exception. 


I remember that helpless feeling when I hit rock bottom, and how I had no idea of how I could possibly come back from the choices I had made.  I reached up for God, pleading for him to help me!  It was then that my husband grabbed my hand and pulled me in to his arms.  He told me that if I was willing to do the work we'd get through this together!  I know that those words were inspired by God!  


I was overwhelmed with gratitude for my husband's grace. Those words he spoke to me were a much needed reminder of God's incredible grace.  I've been working my recovery for almost nine years now, and the more I work it the more I see that God was there all along.  He never left me in those hard moments of my past, and He will never leave me



"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; 
he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."
Deuteronomy 31:8 

So how are you this week?  If you're feeling lost, alone, helpless, stressed, worried, or anything else, let me encourage you that our God is with you in every moment and will see you through.  

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging."
Psalm 46:1-3 

Click HERE to listen to "He Is With Us" by Love and the Outcome

"Thank you that you have been with each of us from the very beginning.  You knit us together, and You created us each for a purpose and a great plan. The enemy strives repeatedly to stifle and redirect us...but GOD, You are always victorious!  Thank You that as we seek Your will You direct us in the way that we should go.  You get the glory and honor always, God! We love You Lord! Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent