The Storms May Come


By: Kareena Holloway, Fellowship Bible Church NWA, Celebrate Recovery, Women's Encourager Coach 5/16/18

Do cloudy, dismal skies get you feeling kind of cloudy and dismal yourself?  I can relate!  I admit, sometimes I forget to look beyond the clouds and to remember that the most beautiful blue skies are right on the other side. I catch myself forgetting that very fact.  I focus on what's right in front of me, or what the sky looks like, and I forget.  If I let it go too long, I start wanting to isolate, and I feel down.  

How about those real-life storms? There are bound to be those days where you can't seem to lift your face because there is so much going on in your own life or the life of a loved one. In these times we need to reach out for prayer so that we remember God's truths. This is why God's Word is so vital to yours and my health.  His truths and promises keep us on track,  inspire us to reach out to like-minded people for prayer, and encourage one another.  It's so nice to know we're not alone!

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever.  2Corinthians 4:16-18
When we don't give up, we get back to those blue-sky days and get to enjoy the lessons and the growth.  It's a matter of one day at a time, one moment at a time.
Click Here to listen to "Singing in the Victory" by Austin Stone Worship

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days Of CR Christmas

Why do we introduce ourselves?

Verbal Reality--Why you can't believe an addict and what you can do as a co-dependent